jeudi 31 décembre 2015

Reading Comprehension #7

Read the email. Are the statements True (T) or False (F)?

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all well.  I’m sorry this email is for everyone but I’m very busy at work and want to write to you all.

I can’t believe this is the end of my first week – five long crazy days!  I’ve got a nice office with two big windows so I can see the river.  I walk up the stairs every morning.  It’s good exercise because I don’t have time to go to the gym.

I work with really nice people.  Tom is also 28.  He’s a nice man and helps me when I don’t know what to do.  He can speak French and German and he says he can cook very well – I don’t know if that’s true!  He plays football for the office on Wednesdays and I know he goes cycling at the weekend

Liz is American and sometimes I can’t understand her English because she uses strange words!  I quite like her.  She can sing very well but she often sings in the office so it’s difficult to work.  I don’t think that Tom likes her.

And then there’s Martha.  I like her very much.  In fact we sometimes go for a walk at lunchtime.  There’s a big park near here and it’s very nice to sit and have our lunch outside.  We both like going to galleries so I hope we can do some things together at the weekends.  There are so many galleries and museums here.

Write back!
Love,

Linda

 

 

Are the statements True (T) or False (F)?

Linda has a new job.
T
a) Linda does exercise every day.
_____
b)Tom plays football at the weekends.
_____
c) Tom sometimes cooks for Linda.
_____
d) Liz doesn't speak English.
_____
e) Martha and Linda have the same hobbies.
_____

 

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire