mardi 24 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #10

Read the email. Choose the correct answers: a, b or c.

Hi Isabella,

How are you?  How was the move?  How’s the job?  Questions, questions!  I am really excited because I’m in Sydney at last.  It’s brilliant.  Why didn’t you come with me?  I know you didn’t want to quit your job but I also know that you don’t enjoy it.

I’m sorry we didn’t meet up before I left but there were so many things to do.  When I bought my ticket I decided to visit some friends in Singapore.  We taught together 10 years ago.  When I was on the plane I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea after all but when I saw them at the airport everything was fine.  I stayed with them for three days and then flew to Sydney.

I love it here.  Everything is great, the weather is fantastic and the people are really friendly.  My aunt lives here so she helped me to find a job.  I only work a few hours in a café but at least I earn some money every week.  I’m going to stay here for two months and then I’m going to take the famous Ghan train to Alice Springs.  I love travelling by train and everyone says that Ayers Rock is amazing so I’m going to camp there for a few days.  I can’t wait.

I think that I’m going to meet someone special on this trip!  Yes, I’m going to fall in love and get married …

And what are your plans for this year?  Are you going to change jobs?  Are you going to marry Josh?  I miss you.  Why don’t you come and join me out here?  Write back soon and tell me all your news.

Love,

Tilda


Choose the correct answer: a, b, or c.

1. They didn't meet before the trip because Tilda _________.
a. didn't want to
b. was upset
c. was very busy
 
2. Tild'a friends in Singapore were _________.
a. teachers
b. her best friends
c. excited to see her
 
3. How does Tilda feel about being in Sydney?
a. scared
b. bored
c. happy
 
4. Tilda has _________.
a. a part-time job
b. a full-time job
c. no work
 
5. How does Tilda Feel about her trip to Ayers Rock?
a. scared
b. excited
c. nervous

 

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire