mardi 31 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #5 - Elementary

Read the email. Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?

Subject: home sweet home
Hi Nico

How are you? I hope everything is fine and you like your new job. 

I’ve got so much news to tell you. I’ve got a new job too … English teacher in a language school in Sofia. Do you know anything about Bulgaria? Well, Sofia is the capital and it’s in the west of the country near the borders with Serbia, Macedonia and Greece. It’s in a valley very near Vitosha – a beautiful mountain. You can go for fantastic walks in the forests there.

I’ve got a small apartment in an old building near the city centre. It’s quite high up so I can see a lot of interesting things from my bedroom window. There are over one million people here and it’s a busy, noisy city.

My apartment is quite small and quiet. I’ve got a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom so it’s good for one person. In the kitchen there’s a cooker, dishwasher (very nice!), fridge and microwave. You know I can’t cook so that’s very useful! The bedroom is quite small with a bed, cupboard and some bookshelves. The living room is very big with a sofa (where you can sleep when you come to visit me), table and chairs and lots of bookshelves. There’s even a TV and a music system so I’m very happy.

I really like it here. There are a lot of things to see and do and there’s a great restaurant on my street. It’s a traditional Bulgarian place with live music every Friday and Saturday.

My first day at school is tomorrow so wish me luck!
Write soon.

Love

Myra


Read the email. Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?

a) Sofia is high up in the mountains.
_____
b) Myra’s apartment has got four rooms.
_____
c) She’s happy with the furniture.
_____
d) There’s a bed in the living room.
_____
e) There are interesting places to visit in Sofia.
_____

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire