vendredi 27 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #8 - Pre Intermediate

Read the email. Are the statements true (T) or false (F)?

Hi Laura

It was great to get your email the other day with all your news. I’m so glad that things are going well with Paul. He sounds really nice. When can I meet him?!
Speaking of men … guess what – I’ve met someone too! A friend of mine Carol (I don’t think you’ve met her) suggested speed-dating as she’s been on her own for a long time and she’d like to meet someone special now. Well, you know me … I always enjoy doing different things, so I agreed to go. Actually, I wasn’t looking for anyone for myself as I’m quite happy on my own, but I knew that Carol wouldn’t go if I didn’t go with her.

So, we arrived at the venue – it was a big private room in the town hall. We were a little early, so we sat down and had a drink. I think Carol was quite nervous. I didn’t know what to expect so I felt fine! At 7 o’clock exactly, the organisers started the evening and they explained what we had to do. So, all the women sat down at small tables and the men walked around. We had three minutes to talk to each man. Some of them were really boring, but one or two were actually quite interesting. Well, one was very interesting! 
Then we changed places and the women walked round. It’s a very strange way to meet people I must say, but at the end of the evening Martin came up to me and asked me out (you shouldn’t really do that but he decided to break the rules!). I was very surprised, but I agreed to go and we went on our first date yesterday. He took me to his favourite Thai restaurant and as I love spicy food I was very happy with his choice! We didn’t stop talking and the time went so quickly. He’s taking me out again at the weekend. We’re going to go for a picnic on the beach.

Who knows what might happen, but I certainly wasn’t expecting anything like this. Unfortunately Carol didn’t meet anyone, so I feel a bit bad as it was her idea in the first place.

Let’s meet up next week and go for a pizza.
Love

Mel xx

True (T) or false (F)?

Me doesn't know Paul True
   
a) Mel goes speed-dating because she want to meet someone.
_____
b) Carol was quite anxious before the evening started.
_____
c) Martin invited Mel out as soon as he met her.
_____
d) Their first date went very well.
_____
e) Mel feels sorry for Carol.
_____

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire