mardi 24 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #9

Read the article. Are the statements True (T) or False (F)?

Choices (by Clare Wight)

I come from a big family. I have three brothers and two sisters and we’re all very different.  Our parents wanted to give us a good life so they worked very hard and saved money for our education but I didn’t want to go to university because I wanted to earn money.

When I was a teenager I had lots of jobs.  On Saturdays I cleaned and tidied at home in the morning and in the afternoon I washed the neighbours’ cars or looked after their children.  When we had school holidays I stacked shelves in the local supermarket and sometimes I worked in the cinema.  I didn’t spend my money but I put it in the bank.  I also asked my father to invest some money for me.

When I was 18 I started my own business and now there are fifty people in my company.  I am very happy with my life and I know that I am here today because I worked hard. 

My brother Ben is the opposite.  He went to university and studied History.  He didn’t get a part-time job in the holidays and he never had any money.  He always borrowed from our parents and was quite careless with money.  Now he’s married with a family and it’s difficult for him.  I don’t want to lend him any money because he always spends it so quickly!

My sister Joan is like me.  She didn’t go to university but she got married when she was twenty and she and her husband work together.  I think they’re very happy.  They don’t have a lot of money but they’re very generous.

So, the important thing is to do what you enjoy and if you make money too, then that’s great!

Are these sentences are True or False?

a) When she was a teenager Clare did the housework.
_____
b) She invested all her money.
_____
c) Ben was always broke when he was a student.
_____
d) Ben often asks Clare for money.
_____
e) Joan is mean with money.
_____

 

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire