mardi 20 septembre 2016

Reading Comprehension #3 - Intermediate

Lisa has just moved into a new flat. Complete the email with the sentences below.

Hi Ben

How are you and how are the children? (0) _____b_______ I can’t believe it’s September and I’ve already been here for a month. I’m sorry it’s taken so long to write to you but I had to wait for my computer to be connected to the Internet. (1) _____________________________________.

I can’t remember if you’ve been to Prague before but I can honestly say that it’s one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever seen. (2) _______________________________ Although the centre is touristy, there are lots of green spaces so it doesn’t feel too crowded and of course there’s a river as well so that gives you a sense of space.

I decided to wait until I got here before looking for somewhere to live because I wanted to get an idea of what the different neighbourhoods were like. I think it’s hard to make a decision without seeing a place first so I spent a couple of weeks with Jana when I first arrived and was lucky to find a small apartment in a residential area near the city centre. (3) ___________________________ As you know, I really enjoy going out in the evenings so this is ideal because I can walk home most of the time and it’s only a couple of stops on the tram or metro.

The flat’s on the fourth floor with a great view over an enormous square. At night it’s pretty quiet but during the day the square’s always bustling with lots of people. There are lots of traditional street cafés and bars so there’s a great atmosphere and I often go downstairs to have a coffee and read the paper. (4) _______________

I’ve got two bedrooms as well as a large living room so you must come and stay. (5) ______________________________________ I’ve already discovered lots of interesting places so there’ll be plenty for you to do.

Write soon and let me know your news.

Love

Lisa x

 

Complete the gaps (1–5) with the sentences (A–F).

a. Although it’s more expensive to live where I am, I didn’t want to be in the suburbs because it takes so long to get home at night
b. Did you have a good time in Spain?
c. Would you believe, there’s actually a cosy little café on the ground floor of this building.
d. There’s so much to tell you but let me start with a short description of my new flat and the area.
e. There’s plenty of room for all of you so book your flights and stay for as long as you want.
f. The architecture is amazing and you can see the most incredible buildings wherever you look

0. __b___
1. ______
2. ______
3. ______
4. ______
5. ______

 

 

more readings

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire